The Directorate of Finance and Accounts is one of the core existing departments under the Borno State Roads Maintenance Agency (BORMA) charged with the responsibility of prudent management of the Agency’s funds. It is also the custodian of the Agency’s financial records and security documents. The directorate is headed by a Director, it has the accounts department headed by a Chief Accountant as it main functional unit.
The directorate is the custodian of the Agency’s fund. It coordinates transaction emanating from the state ministry of finance and other outside sister’s organization such as Federal and Local Governments in line with management and financial instructions, the directorate is responsible for processing and payment of all funds comes through the Agency.
Mohammed Nur Abba
Director Finance and Accounts
Other functions include:-
- Efficient financial management and financial controls necessary to support all expenditure activities
- Administering of all financial policies
- Keeping financial and accounting records of the Agency
- Liaising with the Ministry of Finance, Budget & Planning & other Agencies on financial policies and matters
- Liaising with the Auditor General on audit matters
- Secretariat on fund disbursement.
STRUCTURE AND STAFF STRENGTH
As earlier stated the Directorate is headed by a Director of Finance and Accounts assisted by the Chief Accountant as the technical crew of the department.
The directorate has the following sections:-
- Capital Expenditure unit:-
- Salary unit:-
- Overhead and
- Revenue unit
The directorate has the staff strength of (9) nine as at August, 2020 all serving at the Agency’s headquarters.
The following bank accounts are maintained by the Agency:
- Zenith Bank (Capital Project)
- Zenith Bank (Salary Account)
- UBA Plc (Capital Project)
- Fidelity Bank Plc (Overhead)
- First Bank Plc (Overhead)
AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENT
The Agency financial records for the year ended 31st December 2011 to 2015 has been audited by an independent certified public accountant firm of Mustafa Bulu & Co Chartered, while 2016 to 2019 records are currently undergoing audit examination through Tunde Williams & Co. Chartered firm in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.